...a post every Thursday! :)

Sunday, October 24, 2010

U-Kiss: "Not Young"

“You don’t know what I feel right now”





To me, the song is a typical example of weltschmerz. Maybe you could say that I’m over- and misinterpreting, however U-KISS is an international group so it’s quite obvious they are likely to use even European motives. I am very proud to say, that their youth and innocence match the concept well.

The first voice we can hear in the MV is Kevin’s one. He was so young then and he looked so miserable with his black-haired image. I think he hurt a lot during that times. It appears to me that just after leaving his mother at home (alone, only with a fan), he rushes to find a whole new world he could accept.
Fortunately, he meets Eli. Eli is furious, always being treated like a kid. He just can’t listen to words like “You’re young”. Eli understands the world, he’s “ready for romance” and that is why I’m even happier that it started for him with Kevin Woo. For him, Kevin is desperate to pass the white fence of his childhood.
Some say that the crisis of adolescence is really visible at Alexander’s hair. WHAT THE HELL? I have even more curly hair and you must get to know THIS- curlies don’t really grow fast. Maybe that is the reason why Xander is still so aegyo.
The next thing is the connection between Kibum and Dongho. I won’t tell if I like the pairing or not (or maybe I should, since I know a person that suits Dongho better and I owe her sooo much). They’re quite manly for a Korean boysband since they’re playing basketball. But something seems wrong. Their youth must definitely be full of trauma, since the rain falls even in the building they are at. Or maybe their agency didn’t manage to mend the roof to their debut?
Yes, life is pain and “why does it always rain on me?”
The next sad thing about this MV is the fact that there’s only one girl. The only attractive thing about her is the length of her white shorts, but anyway, Soohyun’s one glimpse and he’s like: “You’re gonna be my lady!” with even more dramatic and emotional “Yooohoo!”. I am scared to ask about his intentions and instincts, but since he’s growing up… Okaaay.

Life is sooo troublesome, but HELL YEAH, we’re six cool boys so we have to find the way out of this shit.
Fortunately, to wash the pain away and relieve their frustration, they choose physical activities like… basketball and dancing. They’re still innocent- Kevin doesn’t read XXX magazines, Soohyun chooses dark glasses not to look at girls’ legs (or not to be seen doing that) and their union of hearts is so strong that they don’t even lock their lockers.
Even at the end of the MV we aren’t given an answer which path U-KISS really decided to take- bad boys, basketball players or cheerleaders… I just hope they don’t feel pain in their hearts, whatever they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment